Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Nature's Harmonic Ensemble

Supporting the notion of returning to the same bird-watching spot multiple times, I set out to Kannamangala lake again, merely 15 days after my last visit. While there was a concern about the experience being repetitive, I found joy in observing and capturing some unique groupings of the same bird species during this particular outing. Here are the pictures I managed to capture.



~~~
Birding in the monsoon requires us to brave the overcast conditions and the intermittent drizzle.



~~~
The Indian Spot-billed Duck appeared poised and ready to take a plunge into the water.



~~~
I spotted a White-browed Wagtail perched on a bridge's railing.



~~~
I was happy to photograph a single Little Egret in flight. 



~~~
My elation grew when I noticed several more of them gracefully fluttering around in the vicinity.





~~~
I've seen a single Aylesbury duck on my last two trips, and it seemed a bit lonely in the wild. I wish it finds a companion who also manages to escape from the nearby farm.





~~~

Oriental Darters and Brahminy Kites gathered together, creating a special moment.



~~~
Brahminy kites frequently trail Oriental Darters while they fish, trying to steal the fish when the darters toss them up before swallowing. Here, the kites were seen flocking together, patiently waiting for the darters to finish drying themselves before making a new snatching attempt.








~~~
I spotted a lovely Rose-ringed Parakeet perched on a wire.



~~~
I saw an Indian Grey Hornbill perched on a distant tree branch, its long tail bending in the wind.




~~~
The Hornbill took flight, I tried my best to track its elegant flight, but the distance made it difficult to get a clear shot.





~~~
There it was again, the White-throated Kingfisher, making a repeat appearance at the same spot as last time. The monotony is real!




~~~
The Indian Palm Squirrel wore an expression of sheer bewilderment, as if it had stumbled upon the nuttiest idea ever. 





~~~
These Little Egrets are remarkable team players! They resemble sprinters lining up before a race.



~~~
Together, like sprinters bursting off the starting line, these Little Egrets launch into flight.



~~~
The Great Cormorants were busy fishing and then drying themselves afterward.



~~~
Indian Spot-billed Duck pair floating together, completely in tune with each other on the water.




~~~
Ah, a Little Grebe! Though it may seem repetitive to spot, but its presence is always a delightful sight.




~~~
The day wrapped up with a delightful sight of an Indian Spot-billed Duck leading its five cute ducklings. 



I hope you found the post enjoyable. Please share your comments; I'd love to hear from you!

Linked with Mosaic Monday

45 comments:

  1. It’s good to return to the same location frequently, to really get to know it and discover its secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great series of photos that is.
    Very beautiful and graceful are the little egrets and so many together.
    I think photo 18 is really beautiful, the Rozering Parakeet and the White-throated Kingfisher are also great to see.
    The Indian palm squirrel is a species that we do not see here in the Netherlands.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful images all, as usual. Haha … I like the squirrel with the "nutty" idea and the fluttering Little Egrets were a joy to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good idea to go back to the same places, dear Shiju. You will also get to know some hiding places or locations of animals. Also, every second in nature is different from the one before. You brought back many wonderful shots of your adventures. I find the Little Egrets particularly pretty. In German they have the appropriate name "Seidenreiher" (Silk egrets) for their beautiful plumage. And the meeting of Brahminy kite and Oriental Darters looks very special to me. But I don't think the pirate method of the kites is very nice ;-))
    All the best,
    Traude
    🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/07/costa-rica-14-kapitel-ruckflug-von-osa.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Invariably, when you return to a familiar place you find something new. Another delightful set of of photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An enjoyable excursion - I thank you for taking us with you. Each day is different - sometimes similar but always a new experience. You capture so many detailed events that it is never the same. Your posts are just plain delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting the same place over and over again can result in pleasant surprises. Before I moved away fr0m Florida nearly two years ago, I had compiled and submitted 1520 checklists to eBird for the same local patch, a degraded area which I called the "Wounded Wetlands." I tallied 183 species over a 10 year period.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those egrets together almost make them look like they are dancing! Beautiful photos. I love it when monsoon skies pass through the desert. Hope to be seeing some in the next month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful photo's again. Great bird shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a good heart for the doc ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you went back to this spot. What amazing birds these are! I especially like the photos of the Brahminy Kite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its been many months since I photographed avian beauties. Hope to re trigger that enthusiasm again. Seen once Brahminy kites stealing cormorants catch at Jakkur lake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to get to know some new birds and critters through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,
    I have several favorite spots for birding, there is something to see every time I visit. Your photos are amazing, I enjoyed all the birds. The Brahminy Kite is a gorgeous bird. I love the Kingfisher, the Parakeet, the cool looking Hornbill, the beautiful Egrets and the cute ducks. All your birds are beautiful, great captures. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Brahminy kites and Oriental Darters make a wonderful series of photos! As always, you capture these birds in a most beautiful way.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely breathtaking photographs. I particularly enjoyed looking at the Ringed Parakeet. One point in time, I used to call all of them Parrots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos, I can tell that you were deep in your happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who cares if the birds are much the same? Especially so when you can take such wonderful photos. The Brahminy KIte is superb and I would love to see their fish catching exploits. Super shots of those white egrets against the dark background. Enjoy your weekend Shuji.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thoroughly enjoyable! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...Shiju, the images of the birds in flight are my favorites, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting post. Your egrets in flight are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful series of bird photos ~ never the same but always very professional photography ~ favorite is the 'little Grebe' ~
    thanks ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much your images are incredible and the wildlife so lovely and engaging in their nature habitat is wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos of all the wildlife. The flying Little Egrets photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic birds are excellent. The Little Egrets are my favourites. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great photos of beautiful birds. You captured them very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! Stunning series of photos, Shiju.
    I especially love the egrets in flight.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic photos! It is amazing how you can visit the same place and see so many different things.

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always, your photos are outstanding, but the ones of the egrets in flight are at least twice that wonderful!
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/07/rural-hood-ornament.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. you must be a very dedicated birder to see and photograph so many birds in a single week. i liked the large brown and white bird but could not figure out from your narrative what its name is. the kingfisher is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The large brown and white bird is Brahminy Kite.

      Delete
  31. These photos are absolutely stunning as always I enjoyed them all nice post :-)

    Have a harmonictastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  32. Understanding very well, visiting the same place at several times of the year. I enjoyed reading. There are many details which will you find for often visits ... and the pictures tells about.

    Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful location to visit..I too get elated at time seeing wildlife...it is the best...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  34. A lovely series and those little egrets are my favorite. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! Quite an impressive collection.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm so glad you braved the weather and got to share these lovely photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The egrets in flight is such an angelic sight!
    Another superb collection, Shiju.
    Happy Monsoon birding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. The flocks of white birds taking off are like those Japanese paintings. Just stunning shots. Thanks for sharing with #Allseasons

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great set of shots here Shiju. The photos must bring you a lot of joy and many awesome memories. It was so good to see you link up your blog post this week. Thanks for being part of the community that IS Wednesday’s Words and Pics! Warm wishes, Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great selection of photos, especially the photos of the Little Egrets. The Indian Spot Billed Duck has a lovely face and bill! And I love regularly birding in the same place, it's never boring, even if you do see a lot of the same birds each time

    ReplyDelete
  41. Such stunning shots - Thanks for sharing and for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.