Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Exploring Muthanallur Lake

 After a brief hiatus due to a pesky viral fever, I'm back in the blogosphere. I made a recent trip to the other side of Muthanallur Lake. Accompanied by a friend who had been there before, I'm grateful for his guidance. Had I followed the Google Maps suggested route, I would have found myself stuck on a narrow, 2-foot path. The pleasant weather and serene lakeside scenery made for a perfect birding experience. Here are the pics.




~~~
The mist-shrouded landscape of Muthanallur Lake was a breathtaking sight. The flat terrain, a mix of farmland and woods, invited exploration.




~~~
In the hazy condition, a rose-ringed parakeet spotted us before we could even realize it was there. I managed to get a shot of it taking off.



~~~
While I was lost in the beauty of the surroundings, my friend raised his telephoto lens, eager to capture the birds he had spotted.



~~~
A pair of brahminy kites, perched high above, were surveying the area with keen eyes.




~~~
A solitary white-throated kingfisher was seen in the distance.



~~~
My first close-up subject was a Common hawk cuckoo. It flitted through the foliage of a ficus tree, teasing my camera's focus.





~~~
Early risers, damselflies and dragonflies were already buzzing around. I spotted a Senegal Golden Dartlet damselfly.



~~~
A Ruddy Marsh Skimmer stood out from the other insects.



~~~
The area was teeming with birdlife. I could hear countless bird calls, and my friend was struggling to get a close-up shot of an ashy prinia, which was determined to remain elusive.



~~~
A grey-headed swamphen displayed its impressive backside.




~~~
The two rose-ringed parakeets were clearly captivated by something.



~~~
A juvenile black kite was resting on a tree.



~~~
A green bee-eater was sitting on a fence.



~~~
The dry trees in the water, a distinctive habitat for birds, also created a beautiful landscape that was perfect for photography.



~~~
A little cormorant was drying its wings in the sun.




~~~
I caught a brief glimpse of a Plain Prinia flitting through the trees.




~~~
A tiny Common Kingfisher was flitting from tree to tree, looking for a suitable fishing spot.





~~~
The reflection of the skeletal trees in the water created a surreal and otherworldly atmosphere.





~~~
A Jacobin Cuckoo, perched on a nearby tree, caught our attention with its sudden movement.



~~~
A few dead trees stand starkly against the green trees.




~~~
A small blue-tailed damselfly was flying around.



~~~
Despite our patience, the pair of pied kingfishers refused to budge from their perch.




And so, our birding adventure at Muthanallur Lake came to an end. I hope you enjoyed this virtual journey through the beautiful countryside. What are your thoughts on the beauty and diversity of Muthanallur Lake? Leave a comment below!
Linked to Thursday Tree Love

36 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are better now!! I'm also glad you had a friend to keep you out of the mud on your journey.

    Great photos of the great variety of birds you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your photography. Today's misty scenes are some of my favorites. I'm glad you feeling better. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All amazing photos giving insight into your world. I was drawn to the narrow forest path with the mist ahead. And that huge lens that your friend has shows how you, too, get such clarity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You photograph the misty conditions so perfectly. That's my goal.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brahminy kites look the best in the series

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shiju,
    Beautiful series of photos from your trip, also nice that you have recovered from the virus.
    The pair of Brahminy kites and the common Prinia are my favorite this time.
    I wish you a good weekend.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always another one of your fantastic trips in the world of birds and insects. Great work again and I didn't know there are so much types of kingfishers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A grey-headed swamphen looks so fantastic.....
    great shots

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. Looks like a fun and productive birding session!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. Unbelievably beautiful place. And how many different birds! Thanks for sharing these amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    I am glad you are feeling better now! Beautiful photos from your outing.
    I love the tall palm trees. Lovely collection of photos and a great variety of birds.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a wonderful weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your species of birds and the landscape look so exotic to me! I enjoy seeing through your camera lens, what your part of the world looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back!
    And wonderful stamps.
    I do admire your photography!!! You can even see the eye of the hawk cuckoo in detail!

    The swemphen looks kinda "posh"
    Wow to those details! Next Saturday I have one special bird, too!

    No food poisoning, btw! If you´re forever hungry at one point one can´t eat anything anymore, my stomach closed up... The burger was very yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new birding site is fascinating with its contrasts in living and dead trees and its amazing variety or birds — especially kingfishers, but also so many others.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful stamps and excellent photos of the birds. Have a nice weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...Shiju, once again thanks for taking me along on your morning journey. Let's do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you are feeling better. We missed you last week. I love that pair of Kingfishers! What a beautiful place to take your camera. I know you'll want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful sightings on your outing and stunning photos of the birds you encountered. Thanks so much for sharing and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back to the blogosphere! It sounds like your birding trip to Muthanallur Lake was both peaceful and rewarding. The misty landscape and diverse bird sightings make for a memorable experience. I’m glad your friend’s guidance helped you avoid a Google Maps mishap! Thanks for sharing these beautiful moments and photos with us. Hi wishing you a happy weekend. I just shared a new post please read: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/09/how-to-style-prepreworks-stretchy-slim-round-neck-knit-vest.html.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Very professional photography and what a place and awesome birds and scenery captured ~ thank you ~


    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Shiju! Glad to see you back and I hope the fever was not too bad. Your trip to the other side of Muthanallur Lake resulted in some great photos. Having an excellent photographer capture pics of the unusual birds in your location is a wonderful find for bloggers like myself. Thank you for sharing! John

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, the pied kingfishers are striking in their appearance. I always enjoy the beauty of all your photos, and am glad you recovered nicely from being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to hear you are recovered and I have enjoyed your beautiful shots today! I love that cormorant! Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What lovely photos as always and so clear

    Have a laketastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Awesome series of bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Never heard before from this lake. I enjoyed very much. The nature is amazing and unique. Thank you for sharing at MM.
    Have a wonderful week.

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  27. So beautiful images and... stamps. It's sad to see those trees without leaves. They seem seek.
    Happy WW and a fine week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful exploration of Muthanallur Lake!
    Your vivid descriptions and stunning photos captured the serene beauty and rich biodiversity of the area.
    The mist, the reflections, and the variety of wildlife create such a magical atmosphere.
    Thank you for sharing your experience – it’s a lovely reminder of the wonders that nature holds!
    Looking forward to more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful paintings! Perfect harmony!
    Happy WW 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the mist and how it plays against the greenery and the trees. Similarly, I like the contrast of the dead trees with the lake. The birds amazing as always, but I was particularly drawn to that closeup of the dragonfly. Amazingly detailed, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful birds and insects. I like the reflections too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am glad you were feeling well enough to go out and take these wonderful photos.... Once my car GPS took me to a railroad yard instead of where I needed to go. Sometimes maps and technology are lacking....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your photography is quite simply stunning. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing!! Rich birdlife means there is sufficient food for them ... and its a rich habitat.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.