Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Lost in the Beauty of Hoskote

I had a great time at Hoskote Lake last weekend! The weather was perfect – sunny but not too hot. I saw some pretty birds and took lots of pictures.




~~~
Maybe the Brahminy kite was really hungry or caught a really good fish.  It began devouring its breakfast mid-air.



~~~
The common kingfisher was much more patient than the Brahminy kite. It seemed like it wasn't as hungry.



~~~
The grey heron was even more patient than the kingfisher. It stayed still for a long time. I saw a painted stork in the background.



~~~
The painted stork, a colorful addition to the scene, was clearly focused on its hunt. It waded through the water, its beak probing the mud, but unfortunately, it couldn't seem to catch anything.






~~~
There were a lot of grey-headed swamphen. I watched one of them.



~~~
The birding path was so peaceful and beautiful.



~~~
When the sun started to feel warmer, the sunbirds became more active. I saw a purple-rumped sunbird flitting around.



~~~
A Brahminy kite was looking at something interesting from a tall tree.



~~~
A purple-rumped sunbird flew close to me. I took pictures of its acrobatics.







~~~
A large group of spot-billed pelicans was a beautiful sight.




~~~
A Black Drongo with its iridescent feathers shimmering in the sunlight, marked its presence.



~~~
A red-vented bulbul looked very pretty. It was probably wearing its best clothes to find a mate.




~~~
The black-winged stilts I saw last month are now adults. They are fishing very gracefully, their long legs perfectly suited for the task.






~~~
I was surprised to discover a Marsh Sandpiper lurking among the black-winged stilts. It had blended in so perfectly that I hadn't even noticed it while I was taking pictures.



~~~
I saw a Eurasian spoonbill next.



~~~
A rustle in the nearby cornfield caught my attention. I spotted a male Baya weaver, feasting on the sweet corn tassels.




~~~
A rose-ringed parakeet also was enjoying the sweet corn tassels.




~~~
A red-wattled lapwing saw me and looked like it was about to scream. I moved away quietly to avoid startling it.



~~~
The marigolds were in full bloom, their bright yellow petals a feast for the eyes. 






~~~
I saw a Dark Palm Dart butterfly on a marigold flower. It was the first time I've ever seen one.



~~~
I went back to the cornfield to see the Baya weaver birds.





~~~
There was a female Baya weaver bird too.



~~~
I saw a black drongo before I left.



~~~
I hope you enjoyed reading about my morning at Hoskote Lake. Any birds you really liked? Let me know in the comments.

35 comments:

  1. It’s breakfast time for all the birds and they have food on their mind - sounds like humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shiju, excellent photos of the birds and I like your draws. Greetings Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shiju,
    This is a beautiful series of photos.
    The painted stork, the red-bellied bulbul and the Baya weaver birds are my favorites this time.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kingfishers are the most beautiful birds. Sadly, we don't see them around where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first photo of the Kite with its meal in its beak! That is a great shot. As always, thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live in a treasure and share it with us beautifully! Thank you friend. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every post and photograph you do I am amazed at the number of images you capture and how good they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every petal, every feather has an elegant touch as seen through yours eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a variety of birds I don't identify. Love Weaver in the series

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pictures - and the paintings are good as well! Love the colour in the flower images.
    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant photography yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do my regular bird watching through your blog. The painted stork is something I have not seen before, real or online. Thanks.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed this post with its variety of birdlike. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing Birds, All photos just awesome. Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The painted stork is quite a fashionista, eh!I It's pink tail feathers are so interesting. That's a pretty pink, too. I love the shades on the swamp hen, also. And the male Baya weaver -- is it always that bright yellow?

    Another great collection of photographs, Shiju. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! I love the weaver birds. All the water birds look fascinating -- I've seen their relatives, but mostly not the species you have shown.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello. A very nice place for bird watching. A lot of different species. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The common kingfisher in your wonderful sketch reminded me at first of the kookaburra - a beautiful bird - and much more colorful. The form of the body is similar.
    The rose-ringed parakeet is very beautiful, too. And the Baya weaver bird-shot with the open beak!
    You´re really an excellent photographer - and sketcher -thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello,
    Your bird photos are such a treat to see! It is hard to pick a favorite, I love them all. Lovely paintings and beautiful flowers.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful marigolds. The common kingfisher is a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Shiju,
    I was happy to accompany you to Hoskote Lake (and I also took the opportunity, albeit late, to explore Muthanallur Lake with you. I'm sorry that I'm often so slow...) I'm always fascinated by how many birds you can discover and how beautiful and often colorful they are. I found the kingfishers particularly beautiful in both posts, both the blue-shimmering ones and the black and white ones, and I find it fascinating how perfectly the color of the male Baya weaver birds matches the yellow marigolds. The red-vented bulbul is really an extremely handsome guy and hopefully found a partner - and the painted stork hopefully found food! You showed us lots of other beautiful animals and nature too - thank you very much for that!
    All the best and have a pleasant weekend, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/09/calle-libre-festival-2024-und.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is really to much to contain. But as always perfect birdshots in fantastic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ...the painted stork is the showstopper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shiju, I think Yogi♪♪♪ said it perfectly … “I am amazed at the number of images you capture and how good they are.” Congrats on another beautiful post! John

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Always professional bird photography here ~ favorite is the Kite ~ but they are all amazing ~ thanks,

    Great watercolors too at the beginning of blog ~ Wow too!

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Painted Stork takes my breath away! It is gorgeous! I've never seen one with color like these! Love the first photo with the paintings in progress. I guess we would all love to paint from our photos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at Hoskote Lake! The variety of birds you spotted must have made for an exciting visit. The Brahminy kite’s aerial breakfast sounds particularly fascinating. Thanks for sharing these glimpses into your birdwatching adventure. Wishing you a lovely weekend. You are invited to read my new blog post: (https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/09/sighthill-neighbourhood-glasgow.html).

    ReplyDelete
  28. You take the best photos. The variety of birdlife you observed must have made for some incredible photos. Each bird’s unique behavior adds a special touch to your adventure.

    I wishing you a lovely weekend. you are invited to read my new blog post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2022/10/how-to-break-out-of-nzu-addiction.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm always impressed by the number of birds you see, all perfectly lovely, but this time my favourites are the Painted Stork and the Common Kingfisher
    All th best
    Sonjia

    ReplyDelete
  30. There is so much beauty in this post to get lost in! Also, much beauty to recreate through painting! Being at Hoskote Lake is like finding a treasure chest full of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning picture, the painted stork is beautiful. Such perfect pics you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your captures of the birds! The painted stork is beautiful along with the kingfisher.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your photos are always fab every single week :-)
    Have a flitterflattertastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those male weaver birds look like they have an amazing hairdo or a fancy hat! So different. The painted stork is so beautiful, makes our storks in Florida seem very drab. The storks are stirring up the bottom dwellers for the herons -- co-operation among species! ... Your pictures are a feast for the eyes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.