Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

In the Company of Hoskote Birds

Hoskote lake remains a source of continuous wonder, even in the off-season when migratory birds are absent. My recent visit last Sunday was no exception, I managed to capture some lovely birds, bugs and landscapes. Check out the photos!





~~~
Once again, I arrived at the break of dawn, and the sun emerged with a flawless, crisp presence.



~~~
I tried to get a clear shot of the bright sun but couldn't capture the flying birds very well.



~~~
On the branches and leaves, I noticed raindrops from the previous night. Each droplet reflected the sunrise scene in reverse.









~~~
I spotted a large number of barn swallows perched on the electric wires. 



~~~
I tried to get photos of the barn swallows while they were flying.





~~~
I spotted movement on a small plant in the flooded lake, and it turned out to be a pair of common kingfishers.



~~~
I watched the couple closely. The male on the right attempted to strike up a conversation, but the female appeared uninterested.



~~~
After a while, the female made an effort to get the male's attention, but he seemed to be purposefully ignoring her.





~~~
The female kept on trying, but the male wouldn't budge after the initial rejection.




~~~
Then she moved closer to him, but it seemed the male's ego had been stirred, and he quickly flew away.




~~~
Another female kingfisher was watching too, and she quickly flew away, ruining my chance to get some fishing photos. It appears kingfishers might need a refresher on their pick-up lines!






~~~
I spotted a ladybug, but I couldn't identify its specific type, so I'll simply refer to it as a spotted ladybug.



~~~
I also came across a common and easily identifiable Ditch Jewel dragonfly.



~~~
A cluster of water lilies added a touch of natural beauty.




~~~
I was initially attracted to a pied bushchat in the cornfield but was surprised to discover a rose-ringed parakeet camouflaged among the leaves.



~~~
Minutes passed as I maintained my position, hoping to catch a glimpse of the rose-ringed parakeet's next action.



~~~
Then, it suddenly fluttered, revealing the stunning colors of its wings.




~~~
A flock of cattle egrets flew past.




~~~
A paddyfield pipit, feeling like a bit of a misfit without any paddy fields around, chose the next best thing – a cornfield, where it foraged.



~~~
Then, a brown shrike came into view, emitting a call that sounded like a malfunctioning electric razor. Its tail looked quite disorderly.





~~~
A large grey babbler had a stern appearance with its bright yellow eyes, as if it were in a foul mood.




~~~
However, a pied bushchat appeared plump and adorable.



~~~
Seeing the tawny coster butterfly after a five-year hiatus was a pleasant surprise.



~~~
Two female baya weavers looked nice side by side.


 
~~~

There were plenty of young scaly-breasted munias around, and they were boldly exploring, seemingly oblivious to the camera-wielding predators.






~~~
Adult scaly-breasted munias undergo a stunning transformation from their rather unimpressive juvenile appearance.




~~~
Tricoloured munias were also lively in the morning.





~~~
The last thing I saw that day was a female baya weaver.



~~~
I made my way back to my car parked amidst the world of birds.



~~~
I hope you enjoyed the post. Feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts!

Linked with Mosaic Monday

54 comments:

  1. Wow almost to good to be real but I love it. Keeps them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the Cattle Egrets in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great series of photos Shiju
    The brown shrike is really amazing, as is the great gray babbler.
    The cattle egret in flight is also great to see, we see this species in the Netherlands.
    I enjoyed the birds that are not found in the Netherlands.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This represents our own vulnerabilities … that remarkable raindrop clinging to the underside of a leaf with a mysterious bug trekking above. Many of these photos are heart-wrenchingly beautiful and show exactly why we should cherish the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with us. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos of the raindrops. Such wonderful reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection of photos from one morning! Amazing. My favorites were the dew drops with the sunrise, and several birds I've never seen (probably not ever here in the SE of USA) the various kinds of Munias. Thanks. Blackmtnbarb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible photographs and you showed your sense of humor as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos and the water drops are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a feast of beautiful sceneries, landscapes and birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I "discovered" that dewdrops turned the world upside down and backward. You illustrated this wonderfully. I especially liked the kingfishers and swallows, but one and all this is a wonderful series of sharp photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful captures laced with humorous captions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful birds, Amazing collections of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Shiju :=) Beautiful sharp images of all your nature photos. The adult Scaly-breasted Munia is a stunning looking bird, the Lady bug, butterfly, and Cattle Egrets in flight are also some of my favourites, but the raindrop captures are very special images, award winning in my opinion.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You just mastered the art of capturing the birds. Well done as always.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Shiju,
    A beautiful post and collection of photos. The sunrise and dewdrops are lovely captures. I always enjoy seeing your bird photos, beautifully captured. I have so many favorites, I really loved them all. The waterlilies are beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critter post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so in awe of the water droplet photo. You're so talented. All these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos, especially the birds taking off from their perches.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. For a while there you had me thinking you were in England with those Common Kingfishers, Barn Swallows and Cattle Egrets, And then I saw the exotica of India! I love the pictures of the water droplets- how clever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Shiju, your sunrise-in-drops photos are amazing! Were you tricking or are they really reflections? I found the kingfisher scenes very funny - it's almost like human attempts at initiating love, which sometimes work and sometimes don't...! I hope they will find partners who are compatible with each other. The ladybug looks really special! It was also great to see the Pied bushchat and the Rose-ringed Parakeet in the cornfield. And then there are so many beautiful close-ups of a variety of birds and insects and pretty flowers - it was a great pleasure for me to be virtually on Lake Hoskote with you!
    All the best and have a nice weekend, Traude
    🍁🌻🍂 🌻🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Traude, thank you! They're real reflections, not tricks. Nature's artistry at its finest. 😊

      Delete
  21. Awesome sunrise photos and your avian shots are all awesome ~ what a place and fun story about the male and female kingfisher ~ Wow! always wonderful photography ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A view on a waterdrop can make us dream ... isn`t. I enjoyed reading and regarding again your lovely photos. Of course there a some moments for smile too.

    Have a wonderful weekend, and a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way you are ready to start your photo session at the break of dawn. That requires discipline! Truly an impressive set of photos … Shiju, your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. As always very beautiful photos. The pink waterlilies are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ...Shiju, I LOVE the reflections in the water droplets! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The reflections in the water droplets are stunning. Love the conversations of the kingfishers. Great post and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved the tiny raindrops with the reflections too and the water lilies! It's hard to believe you are in a spot with so many big buildings across the way. I'm glad you found this place and all that it has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing photos! I love the raindrop one's and the swallows! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Incredible collection of high quality photographs, and all of different species of birds living in your natural área. They are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful morning to start your adventure, and the raindrop photos are exquisite. That is the most colorful ladybug I have ever seen. It is always an exciting adventure when I visit your blog, You never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your photos are always outstanding.. You have a true gift with the camera and live in the perfect place to develop and show off your talent.
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/10/a-few-more-clicks-from-cedar-creek.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your photos are crystal clear and so precise. You never fail to have the best shots. I like the egrets. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  33. As always you captured so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The reflection in the rain drop is AMAZING. Well done you! Great pics. #WWOAT

    ReplyDelete
  35. Another set of beautifully captured photos you never fail :-)

    Have a flitterflattertastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely beautiful photos, and I love the stories you tell through them!

    ReplyDelete
  37. we saw swallow on lines sometimes..... love it

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! sunset or sunrise are beautiful subjects but your photos are absolutely miraculous!
    the water drop photos are awesome! such perfection! gorgeous macros!
    for the pictures with birds, I lack the words, sensational captures, congratulations!
    as always, you raise photography to the level of art!
    Happy WW 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow wow wow!
    Another amazing collection! The photos of the sunrise in the raindrops are brilliant!

    I thoroughly enjoyed the little tale of the kingfishers, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. All the images a fabulous, but the water drops are magical!
    Happy WW and a fine week!

    ReplyDelete
  41. wow thank you for showing me this amazing photos

    ReplyDelete
  42. I especially love the picture in the raindrops ! Very artistic and special !

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful photographs. It’s not easy getting raindrop photos and yours are remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  44. And thanks for sharing with #Allseasons

    ReplyDelete
  45. The kite, the wagtail and bee eater are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love how you've captured the beautiful birds soaring across the sunshine. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  47. wow...the birds...I love the water droplets. It shows that if you pay attention to the tiny details that nature never disappoints....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful post, the sunrise scene discovered in droplets and captured so crisply left me spellbound Shiju. The Barn swallow bird is not seen in my region. I loved how beautifully you have captured Water lilies , the kingfisher and Parakeet shots are amazing. Thanks for your contribution to Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  49. focus on consuming a variety of nutrient-dense foods, including fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats. Hydration is equally important, find out

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.