Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Celebrating mangoes at Rajdhani

Mango season is here, and Khandani Rajdhani is celebrating mangoes with more delicious surprises than last year
Here's a picture tour of the current Aamlicious Mango festival...




The traditional welcome...


Flowers, lamp, sandalwood paste and rice grains are part of the traditional welcome gear...


Khandani Rajdhani restaurant specializes in Thali meals comprising of cuisines from Rajasthan and Gujarat. Thali is a round platter used to serve food. A variety of food is served in small bowls called katori.  A thali offers all six basic flavors of salt, sweet, sour, astringent, spicy and bitter in a single plate. According to Indian food serving customs, a proper meal is a perfect balance of these six flavors...



The starter snacks included Kairi Chili Samosa, Kairi Potli Kachori and Aam Bhare Papad roll...


Potli means a cloth bag and Kairi Potli Kachori looks like one. It is a deep fried snack with a filling made of lentils and spices...



The food from Gujarat have always made me happy. The  Maharaja Dhokla is one excellent dish from the region...


My thali is filled with an assortment of sauces and curries of various flavors. Since Rajdhani is celebrating Mangoes, most of the dishes have mango as a main ingredient...



They serve an assortment of breads with this. Phulka roti, Khoba roti and the sweet puran poli. 


My favorite was the Khoba roti, a thick whole wheat, pinched bread... 


The star of the day was Aam ki launji, a raw mango pickle tempered with fennel and nigella seeds. The tangy and sweet taste is just awesome...


Aam panna is the best drink for the summer. The tasty drink made from raw mango has great heat resistant properties...


Mango dal dhokli - Lentils tempered and served with savory dumplings with Mangoes, a typical Gujarati delicacy...


Mango and carrot salad...



The smart and attentive wait staff serves the food in small helpings and keep replenishing to ensure that the food is eaten hot...




I am constantly in awe of the diverse indigenous food from different parts of India. This time round, Rajdhani did well to include some dishes from South India. The Malabari Manga Curry made from ripe mango...  




Mango pickle...



Mango Pulao...



I had copious amount of Aam Panna...



Kairi Samosa Ki Sabzi was another outstanding dish...



Aam ras mango nectar...




Sadly there was no space for dessert in anyone's stomach. But I could definitely squeeze in the Mango Jalebi with rabadi. Possibly one of the best desserts...


Overall it was a very satisfying meal. Here's a picture of the complete thali...




 Leaving you with a couple of beautiful smiles...






16 comments:

  1. That almost looks amazing and so full of flavour #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabuous. All that food would make me VERY happy also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful food!
    Thank you for sharing your photos at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/05/snorkeling-on-saint-thomas.html. I always enjoy your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous food! I like the sound of the potkis and the mango jalebi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was beautiful! I've never seen so much Mango in one place! Thanks for linking up at NanaHood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing foods, so many look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds tasty. I've never heard of so many of these foods but would love to try them. We have finished our mango season here until the end of the year, beginning next year. They are one of my favourite fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can almost smell the flavor in these foods.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-library-conference-aka-paradise-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful assortment of foods! They are all new to me, but I do enjoy trying new foods and think I would enjoy quite a few of the items you shared. :) Hope you have a great week.

    Anxious Canadian Mom - Wordless Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss mangoes! I am from the Philippines where we have mangoes too and I miss seeing and smelling and eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love some of these recipes because they all look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks absolutely delicious.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. I feel like I got a little education about Indian food. Everything sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing at the Blogger's Pit Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awsome !! Wish we had one in London

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.