Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Photowalk at Hosakere

Sunday morning photowalk at Hosakere, Bangalore was most awesome. This was our first visit and we were overjoyed to find so many interesting sightings. Here's a photo tour...



Sunrise...


Laughing dove

This small long-tailed dove also known as Little Brown Dove is found in dry scrub and semi-desert habitats where pairs can often be seen feeding on the ground...


The laughing dove gets its name from its particularly characteristic call, which sounds like human laughter, a low rolling croo-doo-doo-doo-doo with a rising and falling amplitude...


The Sun was making it a beautiful morning...



Cattle Egret...


A farmer started his toil...


Cattle egrets were seen foraging...


Birds started visiting the trees...


Green Bee-eater...








The trail seemed endless...


A Rose-ringed Parakeet was seen holding a bean...





Millet farm...


A Red-wattled Lapwing flew in...







I liked its bespectacled look...


I clicked as it flew away...


The trees and the marigold cultivation were looking so beautiful...


It's the end of season for marigold, but they still look pretty...


A Plain Prinia was busy as usual making it very difficult to photograph...


My patience paid...


Common Myna...


Shikra...


Our small group of bird watchers...





Cattle Egret...


Pied Bush Chat...









We walked towards the lake to see the water birds...


Not many birds were seen at the lake. The sunlight sparkle on the water gave a good bokeh oportunity...


Cattle Egret...



Had a glimpse of a Pied Kingfisher...






A Brahminy Kite made a sudden appearance...



I think it was in the mood to try some unconventional dish for breakfast...








40 comments:

  1. Excellent collage and action shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant clicks, Loved the post as always.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are stunning. I loved the kite shot and the Marigold. I am so glad you joined #PointShoot and really hope you will stop by again. Thank you for joining us 📷

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous!!
    https://shilparya.wordpress.com/2018/02/27/wordless-wednesday-33/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, MY Goodness!! What an array of sightings.... they photos are beautiful..... thank you for a lovely walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! Love that Prinia, and the Bush Chat...great shots of them as of all the wonderful birds! Loved the trees also. It's so lovely there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so exceptional. I love the sunrise photo and then I spied the Kingfisher, not to mention all the ones in between. Love all of them. Thank you for taking the time to link up today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do see a wonderful variety of birds. I love that bee eater and the cattle egrets. All of your photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are some stunning photos! Your patience definitely paid off!
    #FabFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning photographs. Thank you for sharing with us at #BloggersPitStop and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful birds! Your pictures are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always impressed by how patient you must be to get such wonderful shots of the birds, whenever I try it they're too flighty for me. It's great that there's a group of you that go out together of a morning.

    Thanks for sharing your photowalk with me on #CountryKids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!:) Thank you for your get well wishes.:) Your bird portraits are really beautiful, and each capture is full of detail. You have an extremely good eye, and I enjoyed my visit very much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many stunning birds again this week #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore lapwings and don't doves ahve a gentle look, but feathers in the wind superb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, I always enjoy seeing your beautiful bird photos. The sun photo is gorgeous too. We had a bad storm and it took our power out. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos of birds again. But like you my fave is that bokeh photo. Just so perfect. You always have the best birds in your trip. What an amazing place to visit. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing photo walk, I bet you was over the moon with al those sighting and such wonderful captures. Mich x #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what beautiful photos. What a beautiful walk. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great shots. I enjoyed the tour with you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sharing this blog post with us at I R B B this weekend is much appreciated, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such stunning photos! I love the one of the parakeet holding a bean.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for linking to Shadow Shot Sunday 2!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How incredibly beautiful are all you photos!! It's truly difficult to say which one I like the best! Amazing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photos never fail to impress and amaze me!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/03/orchids-endless-source-of-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's a lot of photos in one post! I would like to join your photowalk and learn from you too in getting those lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! Such magnificent captures!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great set of pictures. It is almost exactly a year since I was last in India. I hope to be back soon.

    cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Gorgeous weather and fantastic opportunities! You did a great job capturing all these superlative creatures and scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's quite some skill right there - not only capturing such beautiful photos of the birds, but also knowing what they all are! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent, brilliant! Stupendofantabulouslymagical pics!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning shots! What a walk! #pointshoot xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. We are all enjoying your nature walks...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.