Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

North Italian Food Festival

Alto Vino, the specialty Italian restaurant at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel, Whitefield is currently featuring some of North Italy's most unique preparations. 
Here's a photo tour of my dinner experience over there...


The fare is curated by Italian Chef Marouane Rahali...

As I seat myself, a server offers me Fritto Misto. This, of course, is not north Italian, I loved the batter fried shrimps and spicy tomato sauce nevertheless...


Vitello Tonato is the first dish. Veal slow cooked and served with tuna and capers sauce. Veal is a popular dish among the northerners... 


Each dish was paired with finely crafted wines, under the expertise of master sommelier Viraj Sawant... 


The veal was paired with Villa Antinori Bianco from Tuscany


La cisra, chickpea soup with winter vegetables was a tale of simplicity...


My favorite of the day was Gnocchi alla Piemontese. The most fabulous potato gnocchi toasted in lamb ragout and cream of porcini...


This was paired with Ricossa Gavi...



Branzino alla livornese is marinated seabass, toasted in cherry tomato, olives, cappers and potato...





Canelloni alla Piacentina is Cannelloni stuffed with Spinach, ricotta and mascarpone served in a bed of basil tomato sauce.






Pollo alla Valdostana, marinated breaded chicken breast, melted Fontina cheese, tagliolini pasta and black truffle...


This was paired with Marchesi Antinori...


Strawberry Panna cotta alla fragola for dessert was quite good...


 An Italian fare is incomplete without pizza. I requested one and chef Marou obliged with the most awesome pepperoni pizza...  


The North Italian food was exquisite, freshest and most superbly prepared with compelling flavors. Wine pairing was spot on. The seamless service was impressive as always. 

Join me on Instagram

Like my Facebook page

8 comments:

  1. Thanks man, the pics are in HD and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying for some of this wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw Italian, I immediately thought I was in for a treat here, and it wasn't dissappointed. The gnocchi was my favourite and the cannelloni! So yummy. What a gorgeous dining experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of eating!!....beautiful food shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those food look great and yummy indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.