Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

A good bottle of Indian wine

I received a bottle of Four Seasons Viognier wine to review. Viognier (pronounced vee-on-yay) is one of the world's finest white wine grapes.


The wine scene in India has never been this vibrant. Four Seasons with its vine yards at Baramati, Maharashtra, has been producing some outstanding variety of wine. 

Interesting patterns formed by the bubbles in the bottle

Four Season's Viognier is a dry wine with strong aroma of peaches and a faint note of nutty flavors. At around $10, the cheap price makes the wine more palatable.


Here are some more info from their website:

Type: Still White Wine

Grapes: Viognier

Origin: Baramati, Maharashtra, India 

Style: Off Dry

Tasting notes

Color: Bright and clear gold. 

Aroma: Intense perfume of blossom, with delicate hints of dried apricots and peaches. 

Palate: Well-rounded with balancing acidity and an attractive lingering finish.


Serving suggestion: Enjoyed best at 10 -12ยบ C as an accompaniment to sprout based salads with fruity dressings, or light fish and chicken dishes.Also pairs well with mildly spiced Indian and Asian cuisine.


For more information on Four Seasons visit: www.fourseasonsvineyards.com 
Follow Four Seasons on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FourSeasonsWines

My earlier blog posts on wine tasting: 

A rendezvous with wine










Food, Wine and Smiles









Four Seasons Merlot Red Wine

12 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! and the price is definitely right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fabulous edit of a photo into a piece of art!!! Brought to mind the scene of conception to me ... But maybe I should put down my glass of wine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much of Wine Connoisseur here but I do like the fabulous bubble pattern. Sounds like it might be a tasty wine from your description. I'm more of a Champagne person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you see your tastes are improving, my friend - though I will admit they are quite superb in the scotch department. Now, it is time for you to visit me in San Francisco so I can introduce you to some REALLY fine wines. You'd better make it soon - remember, I am now 69!! I like Voigniers, a European grape I first drank about ten years ago...but, in the whites, I prefer a very rich buttery chardonnay, oak aged, not the lighter ones some sees from California vintners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops, I see I spelled Viognier incorrectly. Well, it IS 5AM, after a night of listening to "crackers" blasting all over. I need a glass of Viognier before my coffee to get my head on straight. Hope you are having fun this Diwali. Drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bubble image. The wine sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image with the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful picture of the bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great capture of the bubbly♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/887/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for linking to Family Fun Friday. If you have time please include a title that explains the topic of your post when you link. It helps me know what category the post will fall into Thanks so much!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.