Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Taste of Mesopotamia

Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway is currently holding a "Taste of Mesopotamia" food festival that features some special dishes from Iraq, Kuwait, parts of Saudi Arabia as well as Turkish-Syrian border. 

So, when I was invited to sample some of the items from the menu, I was quite excited as Mesopotamian cuisine is one of the oldest cuisines in the world. Here's a photo review of my experience...



The decor at Persian Terrace was charming...



A table was arranged for the reviewers...


I liked how compressed napkin expanded when water is added...


The menu for the 'Taste of Mesopotamia' festival is curated by Chef Gopal. The chef briefly explained the cuisine and the dishes he planned for the evening. He immediately made me comfortable and I eagerly looked forward to the food he made...


The Mezze platter consists of Baytinijan Maqli, made from aubergine with Tahini sauce, lettuce and parsley.  Also on the platter was Hummus Beiruti, made from mashed chickpeas, blended with Tahini, olive oil, parsley, and garlic. The marinated olives made of bell pepper, arabic pickle olives marinated with garlic olive oil and lemon juice gave a much needed zing to the rich dips for the pita...



The Kebab platter was greeted with much delight. There was Samkeh Harra - charcoal grilled fish, Jujeh Kebab -  grilled chunks of chicken, Kebab-e-robian - grilled prawns and kebab-e-Rastay Gosfand - lamb chops with arabic spices. The distinct flavors of the Arabic spices blended perfectly to my linking...


The prawns were my pick. I asked for a couple more helpings...


The mild garlic mayonnaise went really well with the kebabs...



Before we went on to the main course, we had an interesting conversation with Executive Chef Anthony Huang. Chef Anthony is a cheerful person and the conversation  ranged over not just the festival but also about the culinary scene in Bangalore that's exploded in the last decade...






For main course we had Mujaddara, a flavorful rice and lentil pilaf. Also served was yellow Zardah sweet rice...


The rice went well with Assyrian Masha white bean stew...


Iraqi Karoof and Brinjal stew was a delicate tale of flavours. The traditional tangy middle eastern stew of lamb and brinjal remains my favorite dish of the day...





Who can resist a platter that consists of desserts like Baklava, Bamiyeh, Zulbia, dates ice cream and fruits? The platter gave a broad smile as I tried to resist. Apparently, it already knew what I realized... resistance is futile...



The "Taste of Mesopotamia" festival continues till 18th of this month only during lunch hours. You can try the dishes I tried and more at the Persian Terrace.
Price: INR 2700 (With Alcohol) | INR 2100 (Without Alcohol) 


9 comments:

  1. Wow - the food looks amazing! You do such a fantastic job with food photography!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/03/springtime-at-sarah-p-duke-gardens.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and you are a great food photographer! Come link up with me today at http://nanahood.com/harambe-wildlife-reserve-disney-world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking food, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing opportunity. I wish I had been with you to share all these delicious dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks delicious, and the setting looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the prawns would definitely be my pick too but it all looks absolutely scrumptious. Thank you for linking up to #pointshoot 📷

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!:) Everything looks delicious, and nicely presented, and I echo David's sentiments, for I would have loved to have shared these Mesopotamian dishes. The lamb stew, and plate of sweet delights look very tempting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking to Shadow Shot Sunday 2!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.