Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Mini Forest in Bangalore


Not many Bangaloreans know that in the midst of their sprawling concrete jungle of a city, there lies a beautiful miniature forest, well preserved by the forest department. 

I spent half of my Sunday at the Turahalli Mini Forest and it was one of the most satisfying nature walks. 
Here's a photo tour...


The greenery is enchanting...


Baronet butterfly...


The uphill trail...




Grey-breasted Prinia...


Mimosa Pudica flower...


A video showing the sensitive leaves of Mimosa Pudica in action...


Phyllogonostreptus nigrolabiatus millipede was as large as its name...


A White-spotted Fantail was constantly moving. It was very difficult to photograph... 



After many tries, I finally captured the elusive fan tail of White-spotted Fantail...



Eurema hecabe butterfly...



Morning Glory closed for the day...


Grass Demon Butterfly...


I kept walking straight along the trail to reach a cliff from where you can see a birds-eye view of the city...


Here's a panorama...


I sighted an Indian Paradise Flycatcher...


Just after giving a glimpse of its beauty, the Indian Paradise Flycatcher flew away...


Common Mormon...


At the top of the hill, there's a Hindu temple. There were idols of Navagraha deities. The deities are personified forms of nine major celestial bodies of Hindu astrology. The nine idols represent Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and ascending and descending lunar nodes  known as Rahu and Ketu...


Red-whiskered bulbul...


Berries...


Baronet butterfly...



A shy grasshopper...


Rock Agama Lizard...


The Rock Agama lizard was shedding its skin...


A Common Rose Swallowtail was constantly fluttering. I captured it with high shutter speed...














A Red-whiskered Bulbul with his sweet 'Pleased to meet you' call...


Spiny Sow Thistle plant was in seed dispersal mode. Look at the tiny seeds attached to the parachute...


A Spit Bug's creation...



Hoverfly...


Ringlet butterfly...


Another Bulbul...


Common Gull Butterfly...


My walk continued for hours...


I reached the other end of the forest, where another spectacular birds-eye view awaited...


Here's a panorama...


The beautiful day ended with a fabulous sunset as I headed home...



35 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous series of photos. I love all the birds and butterflies. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grandiose reception.
    Impressively beautiful are all the photos !
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! What beautiful flora and fauna you have in Bangalore - I drool every time I see photos from there!
    Thank you for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/blacksmiths-at-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nature lover you are and so very talented at photographing all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastisc Post again... I enjoyed the pictures and your words.
    Heidrun XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat to see this fabulous photography! Everything is beautiful but I really love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birding photos never cease to amaze me. Wow.
    Thank you, again, for sharing.

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully shot😊
    https://shilparya.wordpress.com/2017/10/25/wordless-wednesday-25/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos are just stunning! What a beautiful place! Lovely post. Loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great, people there are so lucky to have that preserved. I want to go there too because of the butterflies and flowers. That weed being nectared by the swallowtail is also in our area, just saw it last weekend when i chased butterflies in a fallowed field. That was also my first time to picture it in my area. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shot of the millipede

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This series of photos is spectacular! I enjoyed seeing all of the insects and butterflies. Also, the panorama shots were wonderful! Bravo! Thank you for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing series of photos! Great to have a protected place to visit to get away... I liked the video too... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful array of nature photos. I enjoyed looking at them. I especially liked the seeds floating away from the mother plant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post! Stunning photography. Love the lizard shots, the Mimosa video, and the 360 pano shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This was amazing. Your photos are stunning. I enjoyed it all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pictures, especially the panorama! Thanks for sharing at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from www.thisautoimmunelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The butterflies are my favorite!! All shots are stunning!! Thanks for sharing on just BE!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Found your post interesting to read. This article is really very interesting and effective. Good Luck for the upcoming update. - best shirdi tour package from chennai, shirdi flight package

    http://myshirditrip.com/shirdi-flight-package-from-chennai.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, I wanted to stop back and say thank you for linking up your post. The photos are just beautiful. I love all the bird, butterflies and pretty flowers. The view are lovely. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Where does one start to comment on such beautiful you have captured. I was going to pick a favourite but that became impossible in the end because there were so many stunning shots and then you ended with a spectaculr sunset. Brilliant photographs and post. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like I went along on your hike, thank you for sharing such beautiful photos! Such beautiful birds and butterflies (I'd have probably passed the millipede quickly, even our tiny ones scare me!).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great caterpillar, lovely finds and photos. How good, when green is nearby a city!
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  24. ALWAYS SPECTACULAR It was great visiting today and I appreciate your linking with us at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great nature shots! Looks like a delightful walk.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, what a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing these amazing photos with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow amazing birds and insects! Love those panoramic views too! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. At this time, every person in the country and the world wants the answer to only one question- When Will Coronavirus End and how long it affected? Here in this article, we have carried out an astrological analysis of the Coronavirus outbreak.
    Corona AstrologyPredictions: When Will Coronavirus End?

    ReplyDelete
  29. WeMe is a live Video chat calling app for chatting with strangers all over the world. On WeMe, live talk with new friends from all over the world becomes so easy and 100% relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.