Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Eensy-weensy beauties

What started off like a normal birding trip to Hoskote, ended with me returning with a cache of eensy-weensy pics. Here's the photo story...

The sun was already out when I reached Hoskote lake...


Spot-billed Pelicans were on a fishing expedition...














A Gray heron was sitting still, waiting for a prey to make an appearance...


And a Painted stork was doing an aerial survey...


And a Little cormorant was spreading its wings for drying...





The surroundings were still overcast after the overnight rain...


The grass were covered with pearls from the overnight rain...


Tried to capture the interesting bokeh...





While I was trying to capture water droplets, I observed a Weevil...


The tiny Weevil prompted me to explore for more eensy-weensy beauties. I changed to a Macro lens to take extreme closeups. Passion fruit flower was covered in tiny droplets...






An Indian Wave Striped Ladybug caught my attention...













Captured water droplets in greater detail using the macro lens...





Could see the landscape upside down in the droplet...


A Tropical leatherleaf slug was moving tardily...








Indian Snakeweed...


Yellow waxtail damselfly...











Poison Berry...


A bee gets attracted to the poison berry flower and helps in pollination...


Maruca vitrata moth hanging on to the underside of a leaf blade thus protecting itself from predators...


A Common grass yellow butterfly was also following the same defense mechanism...


Droplets on Lantana flower...







Male Ditch Jewel dragonfly...


A bee in flight...


Acridid grasshopper...


Illeis koebelei or Yellow Ladybird Beetle...











Stick insect...


Mimosa pudica flower...


A bunch of Assassin bug nymph...











Adult Assassin bug...









Iridescent green jewel bug...













Saw this Wasp with really long ovipositor - Egg-laying tubular structure at the end of the abdomen...





 Another Assassin bug from Isyndus sp...






Immature spur-throated locust...


Lynx spider...



 Henosepilachna pusillanima beetle...















Common Tiger butterfly...


Probably a Jewel bug nymph...


Ceroplastes Scale insect...


Red pumpkin beetle...




Meanwhile, at the lake, fishing expeditions were continuing. Here's a Gray heron and Painted stork...


Gray Heron...




Black-winged Stilt...


And this Little Grebe was the last critter of the day... 



Thanks for enduring this maxi post. I hope you liked it. Do let me know your feedback in the comments section below...






48 comments:

  1. The droplets on the lantana flower are fabulous!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I don't tend to share mine online (it's a private hobby to me) but I'm finding I really want a longer lens but omg they are so expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That painted stork is magnificent. Thanks for stopping by and linking in with us at I'd Rather B Birdin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature is wonderful isn't it? I love pelicans and it has been a lovely way to start my Monday. Thank you. Visiting from #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are amazing photos! I especially liked the water droplets. I always enjoy your photography #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible shots! I just went to see migrating pelicans this last weekend and my photos look nothing like yours! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some startlingly beautiful macros here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many amazing images! I love all the water droplets - especially the one with the Weevil. All the macro insects are remarkable.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow; these are simply stunning! I love the photo with all the water droplets over all the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a master in makro (with a very good camera lens). Wow, what a feast for the eyes. Love your captures of the black cormorant, and the dragon flies, and moth and butterfly. Not to mention how you caught the water drops. Nature is a beautiful and magical world for the ones who look further than the surface. Many thanks for treating us at All Seasons with all this beauty! Enjoy this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really incredible photos, breathtaking!!!Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing these fabulous, macro nature photos. They're all spectacular! đź‘Ś

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nature photos are awesome, as ever!
    Enjoy your hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these photos are stunning and interesting! I especially love the pelican with his wings in full spread and the droplets of water on the branch with the little bug. They are really amazing! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing. Such beauty and biodiversity, and so well captured.
    Thank you for sharing your photos - and your talent - with us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/10/shades-of-yelllow.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photographs all, especially the macro work on the insects. Well done,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic photos! You're in a league of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Nature is amazing. How wonderful that you get to take such awesome pics to share with us. I am entranced by the drops of water photos.
    Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek. Next week the optional prompt is 41/51 "Your Choice of Prompt" 14/10/19. Hope to see you there, Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got in close this week. All those beautiful insects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Macro photography at its finest and a joy to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such great tiny finds as well as the wonderful birds. Beautiful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those were some excellent shots...especially of the suspended water droplets and the finer details on the birds and insects were simply out of this world! What lens do you use, Shiju, if you don't mind me asking? How do you get the details so magnified? Very impressive, to say the least!
    Esha
    https://theskygirl.com/be-the-light-wordlesswednesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a Canon 100mm Macro lens. It allows me to get extreme closeups of tiny insects.

      Delete
  23. You have some fantastic beauty today! Love all the birds and the macros are just stunning.

    Thanks for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never seen such beautiful, eye catching, perfect photos ever! They're breathe taking to say the least. Thank you so much for sharing. Wow, I have to go look at these again. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. the lake is soooo full of life! Great shots you have here indeed

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning! Every one of the photos are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What amazing photography, your camera skills are awesome, such sharp pictures, the little insects with the marco feature are stunning! Thank you for sharing on #omhgww

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always, vibrant and awe-inspiring. Thanks for sharing this commentary Shiju.

    https://natashamusing.com/2019/10/the-sky-is-pink-wordlesswednesday-wednesdaywisdom/

    ReplyDelete
  30. That little cormorant looks like it is trying to be so grown up. So sweet! I also like how you captured that tiny weevil next to the water droplets. Just beautiful! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow - gorgeous photos! I've never seen some of those animals before. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gorgeous selection. love your macros.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello, amazing captures and photos. The insects are cool. I love the series on the Pelicans and the Herons. The Painted Stork is beautiful. The droplets are just stunning! Beautiful post and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I so enjoy seeing your bird photo since I am an avid birder. I have an enameled pin that looks very similar to the beetle in the first row second picture from the left. I always thought someone made up those colors. It appears that Mother Nature beat this artist to it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Okay, I like birds, ducks, some animals etc, but when it comes to bugs... those just aren't for me! Please keep those on your side of the world. eeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuu I even yell for my hubby to come in to swat a spider that snuck into our house! YUK! Love the rest of your pics though! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous photos except the bugs, maybe some people find them beautiful but I find them disgusting :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Selina



    i am Montoya Jazhel from the philiphines ,i was in a big problem in my marital life so i read your testimony on how Dr Ikhide help you get your husband back and i said i will give it a try and i contacted the Dr Ikhide to help me and he promised to help me get my problem solved. now am so happy with my life because all my problems are over. Thanks to the great Dr Ikhide for the help and Thanks to you Selina.

    You can reach him with this email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com and i promise he will not disappoint you.



    I AM SO HAPPY…… remember here is his email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com



































    Kumusta Selina



    ako si Montoya Jazhel mula sa pilipinas, ako ay nasa malaking problema sa aking buhay sa pag-aasawa kaya nabasa ko ang iyong patotoo sa kung paano tulungan si Dr Ikhide na maibalik ang iyong asawa at sinabi kong susubukan ko ito at makipag-ugnay sa Dr Ikhide upang matulungan ako at nangako siyang tulungan ako na malulutas ang aking problema. ngayon masaya ako sa aking buhay dahil ang lahat ng aking mga problema ay tapos na. Salamat sa mahusay na Dr Ikhide para sa tulong at Salamat sa iyo Selina.

    Maabot mo siya sa email na ito: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com at ipinapangako ko na hindi ka niya bibiguin.



    AKO KAYA NAKAKITA …… tandaan dito ay ang kanyang email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.