Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Manchanabele Dam

This monsoon season, Bangalore recorded the highest rainfall in 115 years. Conditions have been mostly overcast, but there are patches of sun that give hope for a birding trip. On a pleasant Sunday afternoon with a mix of sun and clouds, I visited Manchanabele Dam, located 40 kms from home. 
Here's a photo tour...




The clouds were looking ominous...


The drive was made pleasant by the surrounding hills and greenery...


It was still downcast when I reached the reservoir but the scenery was breathtaking...


As I started trekking, I saw a male Indian Robin...


There were plenty of clouds and it looked like it will start pouring any time...



 A flock of Green Bee-eaters...


 It was beginning to get dark and I could see the rains coming...


As I was walking briskly towards my car, I had my first ever sighting of the Red-vented Bulbul...


The Red-vented Bulbul made my day and I resolve to be back another day for a longer bird watching trip...


Leaving you with a panorama of the overcast sky and the beautiful landscape around Manchanabele dam...

29 comments:

  1. Hello, gorgeous views of the reservoir. The birds are all lovely. I especially love the Bee-eaters. Awesome photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic captures... the 360 degrees pict is wonderful.
    Heidrun XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic images!!
    Thanks for joining the linkup this week at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/10/wind-and-water-water-and-wind.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! Thank you for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! http://nanahood.com/woodstock-georgia-weekend-wedding

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Clouds and rain are often the more "spectacular" weather to take photos!
    Pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Bee Eater photo is an award winning one! Wow!
    Even overcast the scenery is stunning.
    Thank you for sharing!
    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of those photos look really ominous! glad you were able to see some birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning pictures.. loved the Second one the most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great images, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous scenery! The ominous clouds give the scene some definite drama! Love that line of bee-eaters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first shot, the ominous clouds, is stunning. All wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The reservoir is so lush and green. All the little birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More appreciating blog! Great internet site! It looks extremely good! Maintain a good job!| you are rocking always!.. - Search Engine Optimization Services in Melbourne, SEO Company in Melbourne

    http://leadgenerationservices.com.au/SEO-services.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, beautiful scenery in this dull weather. The birds show up clearer too. I have never seen an Indian Robin. Nor a red-vented bulbul (we have several bulbuls in Africa) so thank you for sharing. Greetings from Jo (South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photography! Love the pano shot, and also that's a gorgeous cloud shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love all the shots but the panoramic is fantastic..Thank you for linking in....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great captures - that first photo is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late visiting again. Busy with yard work - finally, tomorrow they are going
    to start replacing our fence sorely damaged by the hurricane...so, I want to note I appreciate your linking in at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those bee eaters on the wire are so gorgeous. Love the panoramic look around!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos. Love the bee eaters on the wire! Really a great shot!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. Even overcast, your shots are stunning. Congrats on the siting of the Red-vented Bulbul!!
    Thanks for sharing on just BE.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.