Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Israeli Food Festival at Aloft

Nook, the signature cafe style restaurant at Aloft Cessna Business Park, is hosting an Israeli Food Festival in association with the Consulate of Israel in Bangalore. I was delighted to be part of the Chef's Table event which was curated by Chef Shachar Aschengrau, a culinary expert hailing from the port city of Haifa. Here's a photo tour...




Chef Aschengrau has traveled and worked around the world, thanks to his diplomat wife, Yael Hashavit. Yael, who is currently the Consulate General of Israel for South India, joined her hubby and gave a glimpse of Israeli culture which is very family oriented like in India...


To mark the occasion, the bartenders executed a Jägerbomb domino trail...



My Jägerbomb...



Grilled vegetables...



Lamb on Cinnamon Stick... 


Breads included Pita, Lafa, Jerusalem bagel, challah...


Deliciously creamy Labaneh...


Oven baked Cauliflower with its huge flavors and straightforward presentation keeps the things honest and real...


Carpaccio...


As I dine on the stellar specialties, I realize how healthy and diet-friendly many of them were...


Grilled yellow zucchini...


Israeli salad...



A cocktail called Galaxy...


Falafel...



Chef Aschengrau gave a demo where he used paprika and whole chickpeas to make variations of Israeli Hummus...



His two pretty daughters chipped in...


Meat balls...


Sour Amba mango dip...


Creative cocktails like Orange ice ball...



Carrot & Coriander Gin & Tonic Cocktail...


Chicken shawarma...


Pina Colada...


Marshmallows...


Pistachio and papaya financier...



Thulluma - a Churros like dessert....



Other interesting desserts were stuffed dates, Pink coconut, semolina cake...



The stuffed figs were decadent...


Drunken Watermelon...


And the final surprise from Chef Aschengrau was an assortment of some 50 varieties of desserts including cakes, pastries, macaroons, fruits, chocolates and various other novelty. Here's a video showing the dramatic part where they sprinkle dry ice...


Overall, Chef Aschengrau and the team at Nook has made some mouthwatering spread of delicacies that include Mediterranean, Arabic and East European cuisine washed down by a world class selection of cocktails...




19 comments:

  1. The colors in all your shots are so vivid. Thanks for sharing....made me thirsty and hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food photography is always amazing!
    Thanks so much for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/purple-passion.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing.
    Awesome photos, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mediterranean food. I can feel myself absorbing the calories. While I know it's not typically high calorie, I can just see myself eating too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that looks good! I would like to try the Israeli salad. And marshmallows and challa. Thanks for sharing! http://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing clicks and love the colors all over the platter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have wanted plate after plate of carpaccio, one of my favorites...though every item looked enticing. Your photos always amaze me...as you do! The cocktails were beautiful &, no doubt, you enjoyed the thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have wanted plate after plate of carpaccio, one of my favorites...though every item looked enticing. Your photos always amaze me...as you do! The cocktails were beautiful &, no doubt, you enjoyed the thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This food looks delicious and you took some great shots! Now, you've got me hungry. Found you on Photo Friday. ~Lowanda of Sunshine and Elephants

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What an amazing chef, wife, and girls! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed, I wished I could try this mouthwatering spread of delicacies that include Mediterranean, Arabic and East European cuisine.

    Looking delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww goodness I am so hungry after looking at your photos! #photofriday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fascinating for me as I once worked in a kitchen on a kibbutz in Israel. The food wasn't anything like this. Hope you enjoyed the festival. #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great collection of photos, makes me feel so yummy

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous collection of photos - definitely makes me want to be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks fantastic!! Mouthwaterin! #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks fantastic!! Mouthwaterin! #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  18. It all looks so fabulously delicious and brightly coloured, like festival of food!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.