Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Chinese New Year Menu at Shao - Park Plaza

Shao is an Oriental fine dining restaurant at Park Plaza, Bangalore. To celebrate the Chinese New Year, Shao has curated a special menu that includes many authentic Chinese New Year delicacies. 
Here's a photo tour...
 

This year marks the Year of the Monkey. The Monkey is the ninth of the 12-year cycle of animals which appear in the Chinese zodiac.


The main celebrations of the festival include the family reunion dinner. Shao has a perfect setting for one. I like the dining tables with rotating center tray...

The place is artfully decorated with very elegant looking curios... 
 


A big thumbs up to the interior designer of Park Plaza. They have some pretty neat settings that form great backdrops for photographs...


A wall with the most beautiful frying pans...


A nice lady serves the drinks...

 The Raspberry cooler was really refreshing and lush...


Crispy apple was a tasty thing to start with...

Prawn crackers are so addictive. They are the perfect snack, you can munch without filling your stomach...

Lung Fung soup with chicken and prawns was served with steamed buns...

The soup was silky and perfect with minced chicken and some Chinese herbage...

I would like to make a special mention of the Steamed Buns that were served with the soup. They were amazing...

Taiwanese High Mountain Oolong tea is served between courses...

 The tea is light and enjoyable all through the meal...

You can watch the chefs at work in the live kitchen...
          

The team is directed by Chef Narender Singh, the celebrated chef who has received numerous international awards. He has even been awarded by US President...

Pan seared Gyoza with scallops, tiger prawns and Dragon Chicken with pepper sauce...

Vegetable rice paper roll was interesting...


Traditional Chinese Whole Fried Fish with vegetable Schezwan sauce. Fish is usually eaten or merely displayed on the eve of Chinese New Year. According to Chinese traditions the fish is served to the head of the family. The head of the family portions the fish for everyone at the table. Some of it is left behind as a sign of surplus for the whole year. In our case, I did the honor of making the first incision...

For the main course there was Roasted Lamb slices with Bokchoy...

Ka Saun Tofu... 

Stir fried vegetables...

Stir fried Soba(Buckwheat) Noodles...

Steamed Jasmine rice...

Stir fried long noodles. In Chinese tradition, long noodles symbolizes long life...

My plate also contained Hunan Styled chicken with assorted peppers. Chicken is served because it is figured that any family, no matter how humble their circumstances, can afford a chicken for Chinese New Year...


The little co-diner ate the dishes with such obvious relish. Children give the most honest reviews...

Fresh fruit rolls with ice cream and lychee didn't photograph well but was delicious. The rolls were crunchy and perfect for dipping into the Vanilla ice cream...

The meal was awesome and I would definitely want to come back here. Leaving you with the lovely smile of a pretty lady at Shao...
           

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious meal. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! What a great meal to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love oriental food and this looks amazing! The little ones look like they are enjoying it. Love the frying pan wall!! I have never heard of steamed rolls. YUM! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so tasty, and the presentation is wonderful. As always, you do marvelous food photography.
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/02/potted.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice post, I felt like I dined there myself. It looks so elegant, I would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The prawn crackers ... the steamed buns ... the gyoza ... wish I was there eating the meal. But, my favorite part was the picture of those frying pans.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice!!! Now I'm hungry and will stop for lunch! ;0) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks incredible and I love the wall of frying pans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum and what a sweet smile your little girl has! Teresa from NanaHood

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you had a greatt time with that fine dining restaurant and it seems that the place is warm and cozy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see you again at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/02/old-san-juan-pigeon-park.html!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is quite the feast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious, and that photo with the frying pans is really cool. You daughter give is such perspective, I thought they were buttons when I first looked at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh roasted lamb with bok choy, YUM! Love prawn crackers too! have to put them on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! I really enjoyed celebrating when we lived in Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is fancy! I'd love to try the food! It looks so good.

    http://www.anapeladay.com/2016/02/ww-valentines-day-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like an amazing meal. Happy New Year!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  18. From the restaurant and people to the food it all locks lovely, what a great experience. I am sure you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely - everything, the decor, the meal. Chinese New Year, of course, is a big deal here in San Francisco since our city is reputed to be the largest Chinese settlement outside the orient. I, long ago, stopped going to all the festivities. I avoid drunken crowds if I can. Also volunteered to work on Mardi Gras day after my first one in New Orleans. I do enjoy an occasional trip to Chinatown but, most often, I eat on Clement Street, another Chinese area of San Francisco. I always wonder how block after block of Chinese eateries can survive!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.