Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

A lunch at Mr. Hong

Mr. Hong is a casual all-day dining restaurant, located at Orion Mall, Bangalore. The restaurant is a contemporary rendition of the Chinese Tea House concept incorporating culinary influences from across East Asian region. I was tempted to do a review. 

Here's a photo tour...



The decor is neat with cute lamp shades, pottery vases, high ceiling and ample space around tables...



Table tops are uncluttered, neat and prim. I like that they have chopsticks on the table, unlike  most Chinese restaurants in Bangalore...



The combination of nicely designed seats of both modern and traditional styles is instantly pleasing...



As soon as I am seated, a member of the wait staff pours the most refreshing mint water. It has a mild sweetness from the bunch of fresh mint leaves inside...


The Tom Yum Soup was a lot of soup perfectly seasoned to my taste. The chunks of prawn, shiitake mushrooms and  an assortment of Thai herbage made it delectable...


Crispy Lotus  in Sriracha sauce. This deep fried Lotus root starter dish had satisfying sweet and sour notes from the sriracha sauce and Thai sweet chilli sauce...


I tried some of their signature coolers. A lovely mocktail of orange, chilli, lemon grass and Kaffir lime. The spiciness from the chilli hits your throat from the first gulp. I liked it...


I tried the Guava delight too but I liked this a bit less...


The Quadruple Dumpling with chicken looked gorgeous. It went well with the accompanying dips...


They have stocked a decent collection of wine...



Sparkling wine...



Kung Pao chicken, the classic Chinese dish of deep fried diced chicken, sweet, sour and soya flavored was perfect for munching...


Since Mr. Hong is modeled on the Chinese Tea House concept, I explored their exotic tea collection to see what they had available...



The Jasmine Pearl tea was good with its mild flavor and distinctive taste...


Som tum classic salad - Raw papaya dressed with homemade honey lemon sauce and peanuts. Initially, I found this salad too lemony for my taste but later discovered that it pairs incredibly well with wine...






For the mains I ordered Penang Curry Chicken and Thai Jasmine rice. Diced Chicken stir fried with red curry paste, coconut milk, galangal, pea aubergine and Thai sweet basil, it had everything I wanted. I highly recommend this for the main course...



Finally, the cheese cake with the crunchy biscuit base and a bit of strawberry sauce smeared on it was meant to be savored...


 Overall, I was pretty happy with the meal, some of the dishes were really great.



23 comments:

  1. The cheese cake looks delicious. But then all of the food does. The curry especially.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a way with food! Everything looks so delicious. You really captured the feel of the place, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...Again another stand-out post! I could go for a glass of sparkling wine and some cheesecake about now ;)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Photo Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All looks yummy and now I am hungry! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great food shots. There is a professional occupation lost here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck, Mr. Hong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering - it looked so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great talking to you, Shiju...I miss you! It's good that you are still wining & dining at nice establishments & arousing envy in all of us. Lovely restaurant, decor, & the food looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating review. That food looks fantastic and your images make it even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, thank you for linking in with Through My Lens! :)

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...amazing shots. Every shot was more beautiful then the next. So my post doesn't get lost in my bloggy morning I am including a link if you want to visit http://www.mariasspace.com/2015/11/looking-for-some-new-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, awesome food photography! What a great review, I wish I lived nearby! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh it all looks so tasty and now I am VERY hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm - so tasty!
    Please come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/11/basilica-shrine-of-saint-mary.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the looks for the restaurant and the papaya looks good to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd be happy with the Tom Yum soup and the fried lotus. Yuuummy! The Penang curry looks pretty alright too! Another fabulous restaurant review x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! Looks delish http://parentclub.ca/2015/11/ww-w-linky-remembrance-day-craft/

    ReplyDelete
  18. your food photography is great. I wish to improve mine to that level. and I am sure everything photographed is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! It all looks sooo delicious! And I love the decor of the place too. Jasmine tea and Jasmine rice are two of my faves, and that chicken looks great. this makes me so sad that there are no Chinese, Japanese, Thai... no Asian restaurants at all in my town. I could eat like this every day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, that soup. That soup looks incredible to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have those same blue and white dishes from Thailand!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.