Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Feast of Persia Masterclass at Food Hall


Food Hall at 1MG, Bangalore is currently showcasing a 'Persian Food Festival' at their store. I was part of a group of enthusiasts who gathered to learn the preparation of some Persian dishes from celebrity chef Abhijit Saha. Here's a photo tour...


Chef Abhijit Saha is the owner of award winning restaurants Fava and Caperberry in Bangalore. He delighted the audience with his trademark humor and sound knowledge of the subject... 


Abhijit invited some volunteers from the audience to assist him in the cookery...


The first dish of the day is a Spinach mezze with Labneh called Borani-e-Esfenaj...



Soon the dish was ready for plating...



Borani-e-Esfenaj was as tasty as it looked...




Here's the recipe if you want to try preparing it at home...



The interactive masterclass kept the audience really involved...


Chicken Jujeh Kebab with Persian rice and mast-o-khair yogurt dip was the next dish. Marinade for the Chicken Jujeh Kebab...



Thread chicken and diced tomato on skewers...


Barbecue...


This Japanese lady amazed everyone with her skillful tossing of Polov rice...


Chicken Jujeh Kebab with Persian rice and mast-o-khair yogurt dip... 


Here's the recipe...


The next dish, Kebab Koobideh involved pressing of minced lamb on metal skewers...


Ready to barbecue...


Kabab Koobideh was served with a cucumber and pomegranate salad...



Here's the recipe...


Baklava with fig and honey was quite a dessert...


Here's the recipe...


23 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been at that class. Everything looks really delicious. The spinach one really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Persian food Shiju, but it does all look very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiju...you have presented this piece beautifully. You always let your powerful photos do the talking. Thanks for sharing this....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only name I recognized in this post is Baklava. I love all the ingredients in these recipes. I would love this food. Your photographs and narration is very good. The more veggies the better I like my food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! It's midnight and now I am hungry after seeing your wonderful pictures of such beautifully prepared food.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A creative lovely post of photography and exciting foods.

    Kathleen,
    Blogger's Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, must try some of the recipes... Greatful captures for OYGIF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for those recipes. The chicken jujeh appeals to me most. The baklava looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! My mouth is watering. It all looks fantastic, vert colourful and I am sur eit all tasted wonderful. What a fun thing to do. lovely shots and thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much deliciousness right here. Thank you for linking in with "Through My Lens"

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow@ I just finished eating and these shots still make me feel hungry@ SHAME on you!!!!
    Great photos/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! Interactive if you are there and we get recipes too. I am sharing this with hubby, as he is our family chef.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those kebabs look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing event! Lovely & yummy looking food in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! And now I'm hungry.... everything looks so tasty, juicy, mmmmmm Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing how involved everyone was.

    ReplyDelete
  17. everything looks super yum and great time for everyone as well

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's more, it's not only the amount of these sustenances that are being expended that is disturbing - as expressed prior it's likewise the impact all the additional chemicals in these nourishments and beverages can have on our body.
    kickin chicken beaumont tx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.