Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Jamva Chaloji - Parsi cuisine at Movenpick



I was invited to explore Parsi cuisine at Movenpick Hotel and Spa, Bangalore. As I had never tried Parsi food before, this invite sparked my interest immediately. Here's a photo tour...


MyPlace restaurant at Movenpick Hotel and Spa is known for their lavish buffet. I decided to focus only on the Parsi dishes interspersed in between many other delectable dishes... 


Mahi Fish Sheekh Kabab and Chicken grill starters were tender and had interesting flavors. I finished my portion in no time... 



Gaam no Patio was a fish preparation. Although I liked the sauce, I would have liked it more if the flavors were not so mild...


I was told that Ginger Ale was the preferred drink to go with Parsi cuisine. I think it paired well with the mildly spiced food...


Chana ni dar is a chick pea dish which tasted good...


Jerdalu ma marghi - Chicken with apricots and shallots. I could feel the beautiful blend of spices it had...


Tandoori rotis...


Papeta ne Sekhta hi seenah - Potato and drumstick masala tasted like the common homemade Indian curry...


Browne Rice - Parsi pulao. This fried rice was quite good...


Dahi no gos - Lamb curry with yoghurt remains my favorite... 



The meat pieces were soft but still with a little chew in them that made it just perfect with the Browne rice. The lamb totally stole the show...



For dessert, I had Parsi Custard Pudding which was creamy with light sugary and caramel feel. It was a well-executed dish...


There were a variety of desserts which would really excite the young ones...


A little co-diner tasting the dessert...


Expression says it all...


34 comments:

  1. I'm an old one and those sweets look awesome to me :) What a great post and your photos make my mouth water The food looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deserts look delectable...and the fried rice looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how flavorful these dishes are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks absolutely yummy. My husband and I love spicy food. And the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Little Thing Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Food Looks Absolutely Delicious .,Thank you for this Blog.

    Amit lamba
    Amit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got me so hungry now :) Thanks for linking up with Friday My Town Shoot Out!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a big fish person, but everything really looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks amazing as always - that chicken with apricots and shallots looks DIVINE - but the photos of the little girl at the end steal the show! What a moment to capture!

    Thank you for joining us for Photo Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks so tasty, I would go for the lamb. It all looks delicious. The girl tasting the dessert is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little girl looks so blissful! I get that way, sometime, with dessert... or a really good wine. Your photos are great. I'd go for the lamb but, as always, you are so noble & sample everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little girl looks so blissful! I get that way, sometime, with dessert... or a really good wine. Your photos are great. I'd go for the lamb but, as always, you are so noble & sample everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say what a awesome clicks.. Makes me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a tremendous meal. The lamb looks amazing. And the sweet girl looks very happy. That's me with dessert, too.
    Happy Sunday!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious. I like mild tasting food -well...I don't like hot and spicy food, so mild in that way, but still flavorful. I love the ice cream expression. I feel the same way about dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apparently the dessert was passable! (A visit to my blog and a comment from you would be appreciated. Thank you.)

    Tangled in the Shade

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that last photo, sums up how I feel looking at all that delicious food! I love chick peas and the lamb dish looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos once again!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-community-with-holiday-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. The food photos look great, making me hungry!!
    I would love to have you stop by!
    http://ohmyheartsiegirl.com/heartsie-girls-wordless-wednesday-22/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not one to try new foods but these look awesome....especially the sweets...:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks so interesting. Fun experience for sure! the little ones face is just darling! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great captures. The last one is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great captures. The last one is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great captures. The last one is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You never fail to get my taste buds going haha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The food looks superb!! Must have been really dellish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That last photo really says it all. What a great capture. Priceless expression of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The food looks so amazing and you made them look more enticing with your photography =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I dont know what Parsi cuisine is but the dishes you tried look just yummy. It looks eveyrone enjoyed themselves

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another deliciously inviting culinary tour! Thanks for adding this to the #OMHGWW linky party!!

    Shellie @ShellieBowdoin

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like yummy food and cute shots of your "co-diner"! :) Thanks for linking on Amanda's Books and More!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great post Shiju... The little girls pic is clicked very well. I wanna frame it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my word that looks soooooo good!!!

    Hope you'll stop by! :)
    http://www.homeofohm.com/2015/07/a-peek-at-my-week-for-wordlesswednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. Humm all looks delicious ,greeting from Belgium

    http://louisette.eklablog.com/ruby-tuesday-too-a118127106

    ReplyDelete
  34. Isn't it fun trying new dishes? The Parsi Custard Pudding looks so good- it must be what your adorable co-diner was having! Thank you for sharing your dining experiences with us at Treasure Box Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.