Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Bangalore Fashion Week

I was invited to review Debarun Mukherjee's Days and Nights collection at the current edition of Bangalore Fashion Week. 
Here's what I saw... 

The show was delayed by an hour so I decided to spend the time exploring the backstage activities...

Debarun gave me a preview of the costumes that were going to be featured in the show. The garments spoke for themselves on the hangers. And here's the showstopper costume that Nayanika Chatterjee is going to wear...

The costumes were being steamed, pressed and dry cleaned. Some last minute alterations were also underway...


I met the night's showstopper, Nayanika Chatterjee in the makeup room where a frenzy of cosmetologists were beautifying the models... 

I was glad to get some candid expressions...

The show started with the showcase of monochrome collection, Debarun Days. That's Nayanika on the right wearing the showstopper costume...  

Delving into a stark yet uber chic contrast of black and white, Debarun Days highlights the daily play of lights and shadows.
Fusion silhouettes with an assortment of palazzo pants, maxi dresses, tunics, tops, sheet dresses, and cocktail sarees form the core of the collection....

Complementary shapes and motifs interplay with each other to create an interesting plethora of patterns...

Under the glaring sun and its scorching rays, Debarun Days gives everyone the possibility to adorn the soothing monochromatic palette of whites and blacks while being as glamorous as ever...

The darker the nights, the brighter are the lights. The brighter the lights, the more blinding is the sight. So to some extent the darker the night is the brighter the light seems. It is this oxymoronic complementarity which inspires the Debarun Nights collection.

The darkness of blacks and grays highlight the brightness of the plethora of colors which unite to make this collection a happy amalgamation of opposites...

The complementary aspect of the collection extends into the silhouettes as well, combining sarees, palazzo pants, dresses, tunics, and a variety of other Indian and western styles to create a notion which is truly fusion in nature...

The play of colors is ideal for a night out in the city or an evening with friends during the festive season...

Here's Debarun, who has become a brand retailing out of leading stores in India and Abroad...

And the whole team...

Reach Debarun at:
Twitter: @debarunindia



38 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your photos very much and the designs are excellent. the combining of Indian traditional with a western look especially the black and white worked so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm picking out my favorites. So much black and white. I have a fashion show post today too! http://www.looseleafnotes.com/2014/08/let-the-style-games-begin/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love red-black dress the model in the second last pic is wearing! Great shots :)
    www.BlingSparkle.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Dresses :) I envy u !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos tell much. I can imagine the hectic at the backstage.
    I see many interesting motifs on the clothes. Enjoying your shots.
    www.womenandperspectives.com/2014/08/motorcycles.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun collection of fashion. I love the mix of modern colors added to the more traditional one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool shots, looks like a great fashion show. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice collection ;-)

    Have a styletastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you're not sitting down to dinner but you certainly got lots of eye candy. Fabulous shots, Shiju. I enjoyed the collection and, once in my skinny youth, I would have looked good in some of these, though I have never like horizontal stripes, only vertical. Funny, the showstopper wasn't my favorite. I liked best the black and white gown, the one with the low cut beaded top and the black and white bottom, the red black and white one that looks like a flamenco dancer should be wearing it, and the one in frame 14 -16 on the outside with the gold, orange, black covering the shoulders. What fun that you were invited to do the photography but, of course, you always do the BEST job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this! Amazing design and I love the combination of patterns! #ww

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous, the third dress in the third from last photo is the one for me, and those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos of some gorgeous outfits. I love the fabrics in all the collections.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful colors and patterns, great photos!! Thanks for stopping by to share on Oh My Heartsie Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful fashions! Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such interesting fabrics. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the black and white patterns they are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky you! Awesome shots - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here I am again from another meme. I never get tired of your work but couldn't you have thrown in a little food here, my dear friend????

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for bringing something different to the Up Down Challenge this week. http://travelwithintent.com/2014/08/13/follow-the-signs/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are actually some nice outfits. Very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, that was fun. I don't frequent fashion shows, as I am a jeans and t-shirt girl, but that doens't mean I can't enjoy it. Quite a treat and I love the many looks (great photos and commentary). Thanks, Shiju ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is so great to discover fashion form other country... I like the collection ; the pattern on the dresses are so graphical ! Thanks for this precious sharing, that remind us that creativity in fashion design is not limited to Paris or NY... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great sequence. I really like your first black and white photo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A great Story ... And very good captures of the Fashion World of Debarun.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I felt like I was revisiting the fashion show through your photos, except I never went to the fashion show. Thanks for sharing the excitement and the fun. :-)
    Take 25 to Hollister

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great shots, love the colours

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. There's some gorgeous dresses in that collection! Such brightness too :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing- fun to see and it must of been fun to be there documenting the evening!! It is interesting to see the fusion as you say of traditional and Western styles and the newer combos of colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Geometric shape certainly did dominate the fashion entries! Thanks for linking up to my new Geometric Friday meme:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. It is great the orange featured in the fashion show too... thanks for sharing with Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What stunning artistry! Beautiful pieces.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  33. The clothing is gorgeous. I really love it. The models and your photographs really show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice article. Good read. Explained properly with attractive images.
    Thank you.
    We are providing reliable house shifting services in electronic city Bangalore. Click the link for more details https://www.assureshift.in/packers-and-movers-electronic-city-bangalore

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.