Missed my earlier posts? Don't worry, you can catch up by clicking the button below.

Dark Cerulean (Jamides bochus) - Lycaenidae family

This butterfly is called Dark Cerulean (Jamides bochus) and belongs to the Lycaenidae family.
Great! How did I figure that out?
Step 1: I searched wikipedia for The List of Butterflies of Karnataka
Step 2: Clicked on the links of the five main families one-by-one and reached Lycaenidae
Step 3: In the Gallery section found a picture resembling the picture I clicked. Got to know that its binomial name is Jamides bochus.
Step 4: I Searched wikipedia for Jamides bochus and finally got the details about this Dark Cerulean butterfy.

I wish google had a search feature where I could input the picture that I clicked and get the butterfly details with a single click.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and I truly value any feedback you have to offer. If you have a moment, please share your thoughts with me.
**If you opt to post a comment anonymously, kindly disclose your name to put my curiosity to rest.